starting August 16th , 2021
in accordance with the CDC guidelines for New York City and State, the restaurant will be REQUIREING proof of vaccination or a negative covid-19 test (within the last 7 days of the reservation) to dine inside. NO EXCEPTIONS. We appreciate your cooperation
Restaurant Booking Policy
Caravaggio restaurant is open for lunch between 12pm and 3pm and dinner between 5pm and 11pm, Monday to Sunday. We are only able to accommodate so many guests within each half hour period in order to ensure that you receive the best level of service. We do ask that once you have secured a reservation at a particular time that you adhere to that time.
You can make reservations by:
Telephone: (212) 288.1004
Should you arrive more than 15 minutes after your booking without forewarning, then you may lose your table to another group. Parties that are late for their reservation time are given ten minutes before we call the phone number that we have to ascertain arrival status.
We respectfully ask that you are ready to be seated at the time of your reservation. Should you arrive after your booking time, we reserve the right to hold you back to a later time to ensure the best possible level of service to all our guests. Please note that Caravaggio restaurant is not responsible for any damaged, lost or stolen items within the venue.
*Tables are allocated on the day by the restaurant team and although we do everything we can to allocate a table in your preferred area of the dining room, we do not guarantee this. Under NO circumstances do we guarantee or honor table requests by any member of staff or management*
You MUST, when booking, specify if you intend to dine inside or outside. Once booked we cannot alter the location of your reservation.
Large Party Policy
Large party reservations (tables of 6-10) are difficult to accommodate given the size of the restaurant; however, we will take as many as possible. A large party reservation must be confirmed 24 hours prior of the reservation. Our ability to increase the number of diners in a party is very limited. Please assume that if your reservation is at 8 pm or earlier, we may have booked a table to follow on. Parties of 12 or more will be considered “private events” and planned for accordingly.
We are very happy to try and accommodate a variety of dietary requirements with advance notice. Please ensure you include ALL dietary restrictions or allergies upon booking. In the event your dietary requirements are quite restrictive, please contact us to discuss, as our intimate size can limit our flexibility in certain circumstances.
It is essential that we are notified of any specific dietary restrictions or allergies prior to your visit to ensure that we can cater for you appropriately. If you have not informed us at the point of booking, please contact the restaurant to discuss your requirements with a member of our team before being seated.
Under NO circumstances are cakes, wine, liquor, flowers, food etc. allowed to be brought from outside the restaurant. We are confident you will find what you are looking for at Caravaggio Restaurant and are happy to assist you in the planning process. We can provide customized floral arrangements and specialty desserts upon request. Please send your inquiry to Caravaggio23@aol.com
- All bookings must provide the correct credit card at the time of booking or in advance of coming to the restaurant.
- We trust that the correct credit card is provided for the booking and that the budget holder is aware of the costs associated with the booking. We do not take responsibility for charges against the wrong credit card information which has been provided.
- Failure to provide a credit card in advance or at the time of booking will result in termination of booking.
- Credit cards accepted are American Express, Visa, and Mastercard.
The restaurant’s continued viability relies on reservations being honored by our customers, and adequate notice being given of any changes or cancellations.
Accordingly, the following applies:
- We reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee for any booking that is cancelled, or if numbers are reduced without prior notice.
- For all bookings, you must notify us of a cancellation or any changes to the number of guests at least 24 hours prior to your booking. For reservations made the day of, we require you to cancel by 12pm for lunch reservations and 5pm for dinner reservations.
- Caravaggio reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee of $50 per person for any bookings changed or cancelled within this 24 hour notice period.
- The cancellation fee reflects the cost incurred by Caravaggio in terms of staffing, food, and any lost revenues as a result of turning away other potential bookings.
- We will notify you if any cancellation fee is applied.
- Any bookings which fail to turn up (No-Show) without any prior notice will also incur a $50 per person fee.
committed to a certain excellence, our dress code is smart casual. We do not require men to wear a jacket or tie, but politely ask that you please refrain from wearing shorts and flip flops. If you do happen to be wearing shorts or flip flops, we are happy to find you a comfortable seat in our outside dining area.
We do not permit outside wine at Caravaggio. We trust you’ll find the perfect glass or bottle from our extensive selection.